Instructions to follow for your safety:
- Take drug throughout the day for best results; if GI upset occurs, take drug with food. If being treated for periodontal disease, take at least 1 hr before morning and evening meals.
- Avoid pregnancy while on this drug; use of barrier contraceptives is advised.
- You may experience these side effects: Sensitivity to sunlight (wear protective clothing, use sunscreen), diarrhea.
- Report rash, itching, difficulty breathing, dark urine or light-colored stools, pain at injection site.
- Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
- Tell any health care provider who is taking care of you that you are using this drug.